Friday, October 21, 2011

Must be Chlamydia

I recently spent several hours in the emergency room, and my mom came up to sit with me while I went through a barrage of tests.  I was a bit concerned because the problem seemed to be in my reproductive system.  I only say that to preface the following anecdote:

I was still laying in the hospital bed, waiting for the tests from my ultrasound in hopes that nothing was terribly wrong, and I would be able to go home.  Before the ultrasound, the doctor decided to do some STD screenings to eliminate that as the cause of my symptoms.  I guess Mom had been pondering this, because she was quiet for a while.  Then, out of nowhere:

Mom:  I bet it's Chlamydia.
Me:  Mom!  I do NOT have Chlamydia!!!  I can't believe you would say that!  
Mom:  No!  No!!!  I mean the tests they did!  One of them was probably Chlamydia.  I wasn't saying I thought you HAD Chlamydia.
Me:  Good lord, mom.
Mom:  I'm sorry.  That's not what I meant.
   





No comments:

Post a Comment